A Date with Dr Hauschka’s Karim Sattar
Last week I was one of the lucky ladies to attend High Tea with Dr Hauschka’s Karim Sattar (what a nice guy!) at the picturesque De Grendel Restaurant just outside of Cape Town, for the launch of Dr Hauschka’s new Limited Edition Dear Eyes Collection for Spring 2013.
Overlooking the City and Table Mountain, we were treated to refreshing, inventive drinks, canapes, pastries and cakes that were made with ingredients also found in the Dr Hauschka range, such as black tea. This interesting menu concept was thought up by the De Grendel Restaurant manager, Jonathan Davies.
There was also a presentation from the wonderful people doing amazing work at the Montrose Foundation. For those of you who aren’t aware of what they do, The Montrose Foundation was established in 2008 to address addiction and to support the transformation of the lives of those individuals and families affected by it – especially in disadvantaged communities in the Western Cape. They use equine therapy for this and are changing lives. The horses used are stabled on the De Grendel property. For more information on the Foundation click here.
Karim Sattar, what a honey! So down to earth and all round fantastic brand ambassador. Karim is the official international make-up artist for Dr Hauschka as well as the marketing director for the brand. He was in South Africa for the launch of the new Limited Edition eye make-up range Dear Eyes. The focus on eyes is a look you’ll be seeing a lot of this coming season. The range includes an eyeshadow trio which contains extracts of medicinal plants such as kidney vetch, witch hazel and black tea; cruelty-free eyeshadow brushes (i.e. the animals are still alive and were not killed to make the brushes); kajal eyeliner black with a new formula that contains rich marula oil to protect the delicate area surrounding the eyes and a volume black mascara which emphasises lashes and opens up your eyes.
I was extremely flattered to be chosen as Karim’s Dear Eyes model for the afternoon and had this wonderful international, artiste apply the new range to my eyes. The afternoon was not without a few tips and tricks such as if you have eyes that tend to water easily when applying eyeliner, just close eyes and swallow once and this should stop the tears. Bronzer is not just for us girls, it can work just as well for men. Karim says its a must-have for any groom and his groomsmen! Top tip, don’t forget the neck and ears when applying bronzer. When it comes to blusher try the following:
- For a healthy radiant look – apply to apple of cheeks (smile and apply)
- For an elegant red carpet look – place thumbs on cheekbones – the lower outer edge of thumbs being where you apply blusher
- Using a circular movement, always apply outside in – this avoids heaviness in the centre and enhances edges of face
- Don’t overload your brush! Always layer your blusher.
- Apply your blusher powder to your lips before applying your lipgloss or lipstick – this will hold your lip colour throughout the day.
3 things I love about Dr Hauschka’s new Limited Edition Dear Eyes range:
- You can double up on the products so the eyeshadows can be applied to eyes as well as onto the upper cheek bones and lips. BONUS: Mix all 3 eyeshadow colours together and you get a stunning copper colour.
- If you are a lover of eyeliner, this new pencil is just for you. It’s super soft and easy to apply and is 100% natural so wont harm your eyes, perfect for when applying eyeliner to the inner rim of your eye.
- Did you know that mascara is the most launched product in the world? What I love about this mascara is the ingredients: beeswax, candelilla was, rose wax and silk. Luxurious much?
Karim in action[youtube_sc url=”http://youtu.be/HKhbh1RUqRE” title=”karim%20sattar,%20dr%20hauschka%20dear%20eyes%20spring%202013″]
Image credit: Nicky Human