RULES & REGULATIONS:
1. THE AVANT GARDE OBJECT COMPETITION EXISTS TO:
Avant Garde is a Live Eco design initiative brought to you by Pick n Pay. The idea behind the competition is to inspire young designers to think more sustainably and holistically when it comes to their creations and instill an element of eco-consciousness into their design skills.
The 2013 first laureates will receive Awards and a Certification for their creative and original work based on theme. The Judging is is based on coherence with the theme, skill level, creativity and artful expressiveness: See awarded 2012
2. GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION 2013:
The competition is open to students from Design Time ONLY.
Participants will not only represent themselves, but also their College.
- Candidates must be current students, enrolled in the above institution but cannot be professionally employed in the design industry at the time of the submission of their project.
- Candidates must design their own original projects completely by themselves.
- Candidates must follow the design and specifications outlined in their application for realization of their final project.
- Registration must be submitted on an individual basis.
- Online registration, applications, and final projects received after the deadlines will not be accepted.
- Projects selected in the Avant Garde object Final 2013 cannot be presented in another South African competition during the year 2013. Projects selected in the Avant Garde object Final 2013 cannot be exibited and published without the written mention: selected or awarded for the Live Eco Avant Garde object Competition 2013.
4. RULES & REGULATIONS FOR AVANT GARDE OBJECT COMPETITION 2013:
Design a STORAGE object made from used paper, plastic or metal.
August 29, 2013: Deadline to receive all submission applications. The application materials should be completed as listed below.
- 1 page for the introduction of the idea / concept
- 1 page for initial design ideas
- 2 pages for design development
- 1 page for manufacturing process
- 1 page detailing written concept (maximum 100 words)
Format of each page: A4 (PLEASE COMBINE ALL 6 PAGES INTO SINGLE PDF DIGITAL DOCUMENT). Full name & email to appear on each page. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE UPLOADED VIA THE LIVE ECO WEBSITE.
September 27, 2013: The candidates invited to continue on to the Avant Garde object Final will be announced on the Live Eco website, along with instructions and specifications for completion of the final projects.
October 16, 2013: Photo shoot
Last week of October 2013: Judging
WInner announcement: Early November 2013.
Late projects will not be accepted under any circumstances.
5. EXCLUSION CLAUSE:
Entries will be automatically disqualified from the competition for the following reasons:
- If the final project does not follow the design or specifications outlined in the candidate’s original application.
- If they are received after the deadline.
- If they may result in any copyright infringement or legal dispute for the jury, organizers, sponsors, or college.
- If they pressure for preferential treatment by the jury members, the college, the organizers, or sponsors of the competition. Applications and Final Projects will be judged by experts and well-known professionals from fashion, design, media, and other fields. In all matters concerning the course of the competition, including the selection of award winners and settling disputes, the decisions of the judges are final. All matters will be decided by majority vote and are not subject to appeal. In case of a tie, the President of the Jury will cast the deciding vote. Candidates will be presented anonymously to the first round Jury by the competition organizers. Jury deliberations will not be made public.
6. PROTECTION OF WORK:
Candidates maintain artistic ownership of their designs and final projects. By the act of participating in the AVANT GARDE object competition,candidates give permission to the organizers and sponsors to contact and promote them and their projects through a wide range of media: press, TV, internet, mailing, advertising, exhibitions, fashion show, etc… for a period of twelve months following the Final. Winning projects cannot be presented in another South African competition for twelve months following the Final. If a winning project is exhibited or published in any media, mention of the Live Eco AVANT GARDE object Competition is required.
7. AMENDMENT SUSPENSION TERMINATION INSURANCE:
In the event the Live Eco AVANT GARDE object Competition 2013 is suspended or terminated for any reason, the organizers, as well as the sponsors, will not be held responsible in any way. Live Eco and its members, volunteers, guests and instructors, and the colleges will not in any way be responsible for any accident, damage or loss of the final projects or candidates’ belongings during the course of competition, including workshops, masterclass, conference, exhibition, transportation, and all events. It is the responsibility of the participants to insure their submissions.