Green juices have been hugely popular but now golden milk is starting to get more attention. Here’s why it should be in your regular diet.
What is Golden Milk?
If you’re vegan, the name ‘golden milk’ probably puts you off from wanting to try it, but it’s actually got no dairy in it at all so it’s safe for use. Golden milk is a health beverage containing turmeric, coconut milk and sometimes coconut oil. But you can choose to make it with nut milk instead if you prefer.
Drink Up The Health Benefits
- Turmeric is a spice that fights illness by lowering inflammation and it’s the main ingredient in golden milk, hence why golden milk is sometimes referred to as a turmeric latte. Turmeric contains curcumin that destroys cancer cells while allowing cells in the body to function healthier. It can also prevent blood supply that’s required by cancer cells so that their growth is inhibited.
- Coconut milk is great for your digestion. It contains natural electrolytes which give you greater gut health. It also fights inflammation in the body and contains fatty acids known as MCTs that boost your workout by making your body lose fat while building more muscle.
- Coconut oil is also good for adding to your golden milk since it’s rich in natural saturated fats to raise your good cholesterol and transform bad cholesterol into the healthy kind to prevent illness such as heart disease.
How to Make Delicious Golden Milk
Mix together the following:
- 1 cup of coconut (or nut) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional, to give the drink its golden colour and to add a bit of sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (optional)
Whisk together the milk, turmeric, coconut oil and honey with one cup of water in a saucepan. Bring it to a low boil and then allow it to simmer for about ten minutes. That’s it! Drink it warm for a nice comforting beverage before bedtime.